iMovie is an easy video editor developed by Apple in 1999 and included in its apps suite iLife. Although it was designed to facilitate their users by giving them the tools they need to create their own video clips from their Macs, iMovie has evolved in software to work on any Apple device. The main and most attractive feature of this video editor has always been the simplicity of its functionalities.
With iMovie, you can create from scratch your HD movies and trailers as if it were an HD Hollywood production; and all that with just a few clicks. You can control the entire creative process by recording movies from your mobile device, importing them with iMovie on your Apple device, choosing the style you like, and adding the transitions and changes you want.
How to use
The latest version of iMovie has a new interface and an update of its editing tools, with a more simplified design. The main window includes three principal and quick-access buttons matched with three simple steps: Import, Create, and Share. With these, the process is as simple as just selecting the theme, importing the multimedia files, filling in the blank outline of the theme, adjusting parameters, and exporting or sharing the final video.
You will be able to access to your film creations from any place with iMovie Theater and iCloud
To customize your video with iMovie, you have to choose some of the default options from the Content Library, dragging them and adding them to the timeline: Transitions, Titles, Sound Effects, iTunes, Garage Band, Maps&Rounds. You will be able to improve the quality of your video with the Enhance button, and you will also be able to regulate basic parameters such as Color, Size of Screen, Crop, Stabilize Shaky Video or Audio, among others, with the Adjust button.
iMovie 10.0.1 Features
These are some of the features of iMovie 10.0.1:
- New Design, more visual and intuitive. Search and surf via iMovie's library is now easier and it includes some impressive capabilities such as the option to import in a second plane
- Drag and Drop. With iMovie, the montage and all the editing processes work by dragging and dropping functions, even the addition of transitions
- Easy process. Select the multimedia file to use, drag and drop it onto the timeline, insert the credits, add effects, and create a soundtrack
- More Themes and Trailers Templates. These practical schemas allow a quick workflow due their handling use. iMovie provides 15 themes and 29 trailer templates. These consist of a fill-default system that facilitates the creation of your film in true professional style
- Adding Effects. To get a funny movie or to get a special effects, iMovie provides a number of video and sound effects such as the acceleration of the image or the Green Screen
- Sound editing. Modify your movie’s rhythm, adding a soundtrack directly from iTunes or creating a new one with GarageBand, or adding some iMove effects. The latest version includes free themes to facilitate you in creating original soundtracks.
- Two important buttons: Enhance and Adjust. Enhance allows the automatic improvement of image and sound quality. The Adjustment bar allows you to make precise changes in color, size, sounds, etc.
- iMovie Theater. iMovie Theater organizes and shows your personally created films and teasers. All of your creations appear in a display of movie posters. You will be able to access your film creations from anywhere with iMovie Theater and iCloud
- iCloud lets you watch all your creations everywhere, and on all your Apple devices, even on Apple TV.
- Share your movies. iMovie provides a direct button and more formats to share your movies on Internet, by email, or in Facebook, Vimeo, YouTube or CNN iReport.
If you want more information about iMovie before you download it, feel free to check the authors’ website
The minimum system requirements for a correct download and installation of iMovie are:
- Operating system: OS X 10.9 or later (64 Bit)
- Processor: Intel Core 2
- RAM memory: 2 GB
- HDD Space: 2 GB of free space
This download was created 14 years ago, and accordingly as the program updates, the management of iMovie become more intuitive and more visual, with very easy Drop-Down Menus and Drag capabilities. Create a movie from any Apple device, edit it and explore your clips easily, then share your favorite moments and events.
- It includes Themes and Templates
- It’s comfortable to use
- It offers excellent results
- It’s only available for Apple devices