Relegated to third position in the 3D software chart (after Autodesk Maya and 3ds Max), Softimage have maintained their style and still offer good 3-D modelling and animation quality for professional use and it is a great option for 3-D professionals. Once integrated Autodesk Suite can be a perfect combination with the rest of your programs, so saving system resources and time.
How to use
Autodesk Softimage 2014 is professional 3-D software well known for its fast response, making it perfect for time-sensitive situations. Completing the Autodesk Suite, Softimage 2014 have compiled the veterans' favourite tool: ICE, and finished off the software with some of the latest capabilities to give you professional quality, perfect for Television Broadcasting standards.
Even though the download is being sold as user-friendly, it is necessary to have at least some 3-D design knowledge to start with. The interface is not very intuitive and can be confusing for beginners, the whole program is well-suited to those with previous experience. However, tools like ICE enhance the workflow for advanced users, and thanks to the Autodesk FBX asset exchange technology, Softimage 2014 is able to exchange data with 3-D programs includingMaya, 3ds Max, or even MotionBuilder.
Softimage can be a perfect combination with the rest of the Autodesk Suite's programs, saving system resources and time
This new version includes a bunch of new tools very useful for modelling and texturing purposes. Thanks to Face Robot it is now very easy to generate realistic facial animations with incredible lip-synchronization. The crowd simulation lets you work faster with big scenes, filling them with different characters with varying behaviors. You are free to complete your scene with PhysX and Lagoa physic motors and render your creations with Mental Ray (included on the software).
The official website is full of user support and useful tutorials to help you with the program. Free access to blogs, discussion groups and media will help you to learn more about this software's potential. In addition, Autodesk offers information about its authorized training centers, developers, resellers and freelance teachers that can help you to get to grips with the program.
Softimage 2014 Features
This is a 30-day download trial, check the full version's latest features below:
- Enhanced modeling performance
- Easy animate and rigging facial setup
- Motor animation re-targeting
- Directorial camera control sequencer
- Enhanced UV texturing
- Audio synchronizing tools
- Nondestructive 3D animation and rigging toolset
- Enhanced ICE FX
- NVIDIA PhysX simulations for rigid and soft bodies
- Syflex cloth, hair and fur
- Lagoa Multiphysics
- Mental Ray rendering integrated
To obtain more information and to watch free video tutorials about Autodesk Softimage before downloading the software, please check developer’s website .
Check the minimum system requirements to download Softimage:
- Operating system: Windows 7
- Processor: 64-bit Intel or multi-core AMD
- RAM: at least 4GB
- Graphic card: please refer to Autodesk hardware wizard for more information
- Internet connection will be required to access to the online content
- A 3-button mouse is highly recommended
- Is the best for death line situations
- Perfect integration with the Autodesk Suite
- Professional broadcast and gaming use
- The interface is not user-friendly
- The whole program takes time to get used to