Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 is the latest security suite launched by Kaspersky. It combines several protection technologies, including an antivirus, a firewall, a spam filter, an anti-phishing tool, a parental control system and an ad blocker. The Internet provides amazing opportunities when it comes to shopping, banking and social networking online. However, it is also a great port of entry for viruses and threats that you must close as soon as possible. This software will work to keep your computer free from worms, Trojans, bots, rootkits, spyware, and all types of malware.
It combines several protection technologies: antivirus, firewall, spam filter, an anti-phishing tool, a parental control system and an ad blocker
Along with the interface redesign, one the most outstanding novelties of this version that bears mention is its "Trusted Applications Mode", which offers an extra layer of security by allowing only known and safe software to run on your PC—you can block undesired and untrusted ones. Despite this, some users have criticized Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 for consuming too much system resources, which may slow down performance in older computers.
What does this program offer?
Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 combines local and cloud tools, such as Kaspersky Security Network (KSN), in order to offer strong and powerful protection. This antivirus includes the new ZetaShield technology, created to identify unknown malware and exploits. Regarding Web-based activities such as shopping or banking, its Safe Money functionality allows opening of websites in an special and protected mode, so that you can keep your credit card number, passwords and personal information safe from cybercriminals. Similarly, Secure Keyboard and Virtual Keyboard tools will prevent the information you type getting tracked by keyloggers. Also, Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 advises you of the danger level of the webpage by displaying color-coded tags next to the Web link. There are three levels: Trusted, Suspicious and Dangerous.
When it comes to the applications running on your system, we must mention the above-mentioned Trusted Applications Mode, as well as the Automatic Exploit Prevention. The former works to analyze and control the action of programs that may contain vulnerabilities because of the need to be updated or fixed. As well as this, Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 includes the award-winning Parental Control technology, which turns out to be really useful when children use the computer. It makes it possible to restrict access to certain webpages, as well as to manage and control how they use the Internet: when, how, and for what.
Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 22.214.171.12451 Features
The unique features of Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 are:
- Hybrid antivirus that combines both local and proactive cloud technologies to provide a real-time defense
- Safe Money functionality to provide a secure shopping and banking experience online
- Automatic Exploit Prevention to stop vulnerabilities, even if your PC software is not updated with the latest patches and fixes
- Trusted Applications Mode to run only safe and known programs and to block malicious and undesired ones
- Screen locker protection to stop risky processes and launch required treatment procedures
- System Watcher detects dangerous behaviors on your computer and allows you to undo or roll back on most kinds of malicious actions
- URL Advisor makes use of cloud-based data on websites' reputations to alert you about suspicious and dangerous links and sites, by displaying color-coded tags
- Anti-spam functionality keeps your mailbox free from unwanted messages
- Anti-phishing capabilities defends your system against fraudsters
- Secure Keyboard and Virtual Keyboard protect data from keyloggers and screen capturers
- Parental Control to monitor children’s Internet usage as well as to block the content they download and the pages they visit
If you want more information about Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 before you download it, feel free to visit the developers’ site.
The minimum system requirements to correctly download and install Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 on your computer are:
- Operating system: Windows XP or newer
- Processor: 800 MHz or faster
- RAM memory: 512 MB
- HDD: 480 MB of space available