Dark Souls II is the latest release of the Dark Souls saga developed by From Software. This sequel of the famous RPG has been published by From Software in North America and Japan, while Namco Bandai Games has done published it in Europe and other regions. This release is pretty similar in many ways to its predecessor. The controls are the same as in Dark Souls and the level of difficulty does not change a lot, though some players have said that it's much harder than before. Anyway, you will see the annoying "You Died" a lot, I can assure you!
The way the game treats the undead is different this time though
Nevertheless, there are changes in this new installment. The way the game treats the undead is very different. If you have played Dark Souls, you know that being in hollow form were better and safer since other player could not invade your character. Well, this will not happen anymore. Being an undead is no safer; other players can invade you at will. Even worse, if you die as an undead in a number of consecutive ways, your maximum hit points will become depleted. This means that your life bar will become smaller the more times you die.
In Dark Souls II, as in almost every RPG game, you have to choose a class once you download it and start playing and here you are free to choose from among six classes at the beginning of the adventure: Soldier, Warrior, Sorcerer, Temple Knight, Dual Swordsman and Hunter are the ones available.
Soldier replaces Knight Class from the previous installment. This class comes with a shortsword, a spear, a kite shield and plate armor. Warrior comes with its iconic armor and also a bearded axe, a greatsword, a longsword. In addition, one of its strongest points is its shield, which is able to block 100% of all potential physical damage. If you are a beginner, we recommend you to play as Sorcerer since it can attack from afar with its two different spells, and there are a soul sword and a fireball spell too. As starting equipment you have just a catalyst and a cloak.
The Temple Knight comes with a robe similar to royal ones, and also an eagle helm and some miracles. The ability to cast miracles (Heal and War) will be very useful throughout your adventure. Dual Swordsman comes with a black hood with a tattered trench coat. As for weapons, this class has a longsword and a rapier. Finally, in the last class the Hunter comes with leather armor and for weapons it has a shortsword, a bow, a dagger and a leather shield.
Dark Souls II Full Version Features
Here you can see the outstanding features of Dark Souls II:
- Online Multiplayer option which has been greatly improved to enhance interaction and competition
- Enhanced combat system to make fighting more realistic
- Improved graphics, sounds and FX thanks to the new engine
- Mind-bending settings and environments to play in, with plenty of monsters and bosses to defeat
- Options for customization have been increased to make your character more unique
- Sensory Assault based on human phobias such as vertigo, nyctophobia, acrophobia, etc.
- Multiplatform: it is available for PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3
If you are interested in Dark Souls II and you want to know more information about the game before you download it to your PC, feel free to visit the official website .
The minimum system requirements to download and play Dark Souls II on your PC are listed below:
- Operating System: Windows XP 32Bit or later versions
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 @ 2.0 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3600+
- RAM Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 512 MB GDDR3 or AMD Radeon HD 4650
- Compatible with DirectX 9
- Hard Drive Space: 6 GB free available