Corel moves onwards and upwards to 64 bits architecture with PaintShop Pro X6, now a complete photo editing software developed for all. With a large amount of new tools and workflow enhancements, this sixth version of the program is the most efficient of the series, with even more format support and compatibility.
Adobe has lead the computer design field for the last five years, so Corel has had to work hard to make up the distance with Photoshop and the Creative Suite. That’s why the new Corel X Pro Suite offers multiple options for designing and creating: like PaintShop, Video Studio and the legendary Corel Draw.
How to use
Corel PaintShop Pro X6 was developed with a straightforward concept: design is for everyone. No matter your skills or knowledge, it is possible to start working with PaintShop and slowly improve, thanks to the enhanced intuitive and user-friendly UI. The new 64-bit support enables the program to work faster and offer amazing results.
New tools and brushes have been added to give you everything you need to get the job done. The Auto Selection tool works quite well, and the new Smart Selection Brush, making image selection easier. RAW support has been enhanced, with tools such as Smart Carver and a scripting engine. The workflow is now more efficient, with a new layer creation and even the third-party plugins support has been improved. As part of the Corel X Pro Suite, PainShop Pro works perfectly with other image and video programs. There is also a PaintShop Pro X6 Ultimate version that includes FaceFilter3 for portrait work and Perfectly Clear for image correction.
Corel has prepared a bunch of interesting videos and tutorials to make the learning process easier. Videos are available for download in Corel’s Discovery Center and will help you with the software and improving your photo skills. From time to time, Corel organizes photo contests with interesting prizes.
Corel PaintShop Pro X6 was developed with a straightforward concept: design is for everyone
Corel PaintShop Pro X6 (and its Ultimate version) is a good option for those looking to get into photo editing and need something cheap to start with. That doesn’t mean this is simple program. PaintShop Pro X6 offers all the professional tools that you need for the graphic design field, but is more intuitive than other programs and has a community willing to help you out with downloads, tutorials and tips.
Corel PaintShop Photo X6 Features
PaintShop Pro X6 is the latest version of Corel’s photo editors and seems to be the most efficient. Let’s check the new features:
- 64 bits support. Faster and with better performance
- Auto selection tool to automatically detect the object’s edges
- New Smart Selection Brush to paint your selection
- Enhanced UI with more user-friendly design
- Free video tutorial library
- Enhanced HDR tools
- Improved third-party plugin support
- Improved RAW support
- New Object Extractor and Smart Carver tools
For more information about Corel PaintShop Pro X6, check the .
This is a 30-day free trial version. Before downloading, please check if your computer has the minimum system requirements:
- Operating System: Windows XP with the latest Service Pack installed
- Processor: Intel or AMD with SSEE support
- RAM: at least 2GB
- Hard Drive: a minimum of 1GB of free space
- Graphic Card: 1024x768 display with 16bits of color
- Sound Card: DirectX9 compatible
- CD or DVD for the installation
- Broadband connection for online tutorials and updates
- Cheaper than other photo editors
- No subscription needed
- Excellent enhancements
- Friendly interface, intuitive and easy to use
- Not as powerful and fast as Photoshop
- Deficiencies in RAW editing capabilities